Domande per Cambridge First Certificate
In the first part of the exam, the interviewer will ask you and your partner several questions about everyday topics.
Remember that the most important thing is to speak in an accurate manner. The examiner is not interested in what may or may not be the truth but whether your grammar and choice of words is correct and appropriate.
Do not try to memorise the answers to all these questions as your response will sound unnatural.
Here is a list of questions arranged by topic:
Area where you live or used to live
1. Is there anything you would like to learn about your country?
2. Which area of your country would you like to get to know better?
3. What’s the most interesting place you’ve visited near (insert city – e.g. Bologna)?
4. Could you tell me something about the area where you grew up?
5. Could you describe your family home to me?
1. Are you interested in sport?
2. Is there a sport you’d really like to try?
3. What sports do people play most in your country?
4. How much exercise do you take each week?
5. Do you like to be physically active or do you prefer relaxing?
1. How much TV do you watch in a week?
2. Tell us about a TV programme you’ve seen recently?
3. Do you have a favourite newspaper or magazine?
4. What do you spend your time doing?
5. Do you enjoy reading?
6. What sort of books do you read?
7. Does anyone you know have an interesting hobby?
8. What’s the difference between reading the news in the newspaper and watching it on TV?
9. Who do you spend your free time with?
10. Do you prefer to be outside or inside when you have free time?
Work and study
1. Do you find it easy to study where you live?
2. Do you use the internet to learn new things?
3. Do you prefer working on your own or with other people?
4. What kind of work would you really like to do in the future?
5. Are you happier doing mental or physical work?
6. Can you remember your first English lessons?
7. What do you think were the most important things you learned at primary school?
8. Would you prefer to work for a big or small company?
Family and friends
1. Who do you spend your free time with?
2. Who are the most important people in your life?
3. Do you and your friends share the same ideas?
4. Tell me about your best friend?
5. Do you normally go out with family or friends?
Travel and holidays
1. Have you ever used your English on holiday?
2. Where would you really like to go on holiday in the future?
3. Do you like to plan your holidays carefully or do you prefer to just go?
4. How do you prefer to travel? by train or by plane?
5. What’s public transport like in your country?
1. Do you ever go to concerts?
2. Where do you like listening to music?
3. Do you like going to the cinema?
4. Do you enjoy playing computer games?
5. Do you enjoy shopping?
6. Do you like going to parties?
1. How much time do you spend at home?
2. Tell us about a day you’ve really enjoyed recently?
3. Do you like cooking?
4. What’s your favourite food?
5. Have you got any plans for this weekend?
6. What’s your favourite day of the week?
7. Are you planning to do anything special this weekend?
8. What’s your favourite part of the day?